Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so-mosca-did-you-ever-make-those-"thanksgiving-burgers"-that-clint-cantwell-shared-with-us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, Mosca, did you ever make those "Thanksgiving Burgers" that Clint Cantwell shared with us?

Funny you should ask that.

Because this one is right up my alley: not too many ingredients, pretty intuitive instructions, and easily adapted to a variety of situations.

Notes:

1) How about that new stove? Mrs Mosca hates cleaning it, I keep telling her to just wipe it down. Gotta get used to some fingerprints.

2) Make the stuffing first. Then take a cup of it, spread it out on a plate, and put it in the fridge or freezer. Then it will be cooled down when you mix it into the turkey.

3) The cranberry bbq sauce is okay, but it would be just as good with home made cranberry sauce.

4) Mrs Mosca: "Do we have two more for tomorrow night?" Yes, we do!

Worth it? Yes. Simple, inexpensive, different, and tasty!

Click image for larger version  Name:	85225D7E-AE89-4E51-829F-2D7066D429CF.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	587565

Click image for larger version  Name:	4A3DF2E2-8BA2-4519-B097-50A8C194BC16.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.96 MB ID:	587566

Click image for larger version  Name:	FB5932EE-8BEC-4D6C-A9C4-1E57CD357368.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.19 MB ID:	587567

Looks just like the picture, don’t it!

Click image for larger version  Name:	5D2BE0D8-4C05-4946-9948-DCBE03C0AF12.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.96 MB ID:	587568

Click image for larger version  Name:	B3E99E08-AEF5-4CE8-A221-F0DAD09CCF9D.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.02 MB ID:	587569

Last edited by Mosca; November 3, 2018, 06:33 PM.

Looks Great Mosca! Nice new stove too! That sauce looks extra yummy!!

Comment

Nice. I was looking at that recipe too but have not tried yet.

Comment

Right up my alley too! Nothing I like better than finding a new dish for leftovers. I have been known to transform leftover leftovers!

Comment

After looking at this again today.........This is going to be done on the Friday after Thanksgiving, for sure!

Comment

Looks great. I have got to stop working so much and start cooking more. Easier said...

Comment

Bought the ground turkey today. Forgot cranberry sauce and sweet potato fries. Another trip to grocery store required before this cook happens. That’s what I get for trying to pick up ingredients when I hadn’t looked at the recipe for a while.

Comment

I'm never going to forget this because I don't need to know anything to make it! Pretty awesome!

Comment

Made the recipe up tonight. Great burgers, family loved them. I cheated on the sauce and just mixed some canned cranberry sauce with a store bought barbecue sauce, and it still tasted great on the burger. The sweet potato fries add an interesting taste to the burger. Will definitely make again. Going to head over the main site to give it a rating.

Comment

Looks great and is on the list to make. I just made a post about our new ceramic top. As far as cleaning it we had trouble at first. It came with a small bottle of Cerama-Brite cleaning cream or something like that for cleaning. It was pretty ineffective. Went back to the appliance store and bought a bottle of some other stuff I can get the name for you if you want but it was much better. The key to keeping these looking decent is to wipe spills as soon as possible even while the burner is hot wipe it with a moist cloth.

Comment

• Mosca
                    Mosca commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The cleaning products I’ve found all seem like high end automobile detailing supplies. I would guess you could break out the rotary if you needed to.

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Also, keep a safety/razor blade scraper nearby for when things burn onto the surface.

Had ours for years, still looks pretty good. Glass cleaner for day to day and that polish for more stuck on stuff. Mosca

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here