Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you change or add? Chicken nachos, a uniqe on-the-fly invention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you should add some roasted yellow/orange/red bell peppers. add a little sweetness and color.

Comment

I like Ernest's approach. Less broccoli, more avocado!

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
        I like Ernest's approach. Less broccoli, more avocado!
        Wife & I both agree. She said she wished we had avocado when we were making them. I'm a big avocado fan too.

Comment

Avocado, Black beans, pico de gallo, cilantro

Comment

Mmm, make me hungry reading all the suggestions! First and foremost, that is a beautiful nacho plate! Love those chicken breasts, cooked to perfection!

In short, here's what I would change (some of it has been suggested by others already):
            - replace broccoli with avocado
            - replace mozzarella with parmesan.
            - Serve a dipping sauce or two as a side (in a small dip sauce bowl or something).

Here's why:
            - I love broccoli too, but think it is better in other dishes. A good avocado goes really well with chicken, and its soft texture is great with crunchy nacho chips

- The mozzarella is also a great cheese, but is too plain or has too little flavor here. Since you have cheddar in the bottom (rich and creamy, with "medium" flavor), I would add parmesan on top. A bit "drier" in taste, but with lot's more flavor.

Dipping sauce suggestions
            Here's one I routinely make with various salads, it is dead simple and really fresh. I think it would be a great match with your chicken nachos.

Ingredients
            1 cup creme fraiche
            3-4 tbsp Sweet Baby Rays (hickory & brown sugar)

Instructions
            Mix well together, and serve immediately. You can keep it in the fridge for a week also. If you have other BBQ sauce preferences, by all means use your own favorite.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks a million Henrik! I really agree and I appreciate your effort here and your details!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here