Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Match Day Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Match Day Wings

Decided to cook up some wings for the Arsenal-Chelsea match yesterday. I typically do this on charcoal, but decided to give it a shot on the Traeger.

Typical prep includes Lee and Pearins Worcestershire, garlic powder, pepper and Johnny’s Seasoning salt
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BECBB3F3-0272-4EC5-B8D2-AE9D8E553288.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	551324

Smoked on hickory/cherry blend for 30 minutes at 225 then pushed the heat up to 450 for another 30 to cook through, crisp up and get some char.

Name:	297B988A-5BF4-4E2F-B74E-85F3B0FD79AD.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	551326
    Once finished I toss in a blend of Head Country bbq sauce and a mix of Franks Red Hot for some vinegar flavor with heat and Marie Sharps Habanero hot sauce for added bite and unique flavor. Here’s the finished product.

Name:	A61559FF-3150-4708-8308-69F68ECD9E44.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	551327
    Arsenal did not win the match, but wings were a winner!

Note to those that may want to try. I would recommend going with charcoal on these, while flavorful, crisp and moist the unique char flavor that Royal Oak gives off mixes well with the sauce and adds a more direct fire flavor.
    Attached Files

Good looking wings. i’m guessing they were right on target for the event. 😊

Comment

Quite the interesting mix you have for the sauce, sure it gets the job done.

Comment

Dem look waaay better than the ones I did a few weeks ago.

Comment

Great lookin cook, an thanks fer th tutorial, as well!
          Much appreciated, enjoy, mate!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here