Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Wings and Fries!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Wings and Fries!

The house kitchen has been out of service for 2 weeks due to remodel but things are starting to come together. New cabinets are in and sink is mounted. Getting ready for new floor next week. Cabinets are getting templates done for quartz counter top next week as well so we are still 3 to 4 weeks out from a fully functional move back in kitchen.

So been making do with garage and camper kitchen and eating out. Wife was gone on a overnight last night so I made some wings. I smoked some red potatoes earlier in the week and they've been waiting in the fridge. So I cut a couple up into steak fries and deep fried them. Smoked taters deep fried are delicious! Think it's the first time I've done this.
    Used my induction top and Copper Chef fry basket. Works like a champ!

Click image for larger version

Name:	induction fryer.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	550570

I brined the wings for about 4 hours in Oak Ridge BBQ Game Changer Brine Mix. Then seasoned them in Oak Ridge BBQ Smoked Chili Lime Rub. Awesome stuff! Some I glazed with Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet Chili Sauce others I left just as is!
    Washed it all down with a ice cold bottle of Grain Belt Premium a local beer from my hometown brewery that's been around for over 150 years! Actually it took several more after the meal to really get things digesting!
    I bet Spinaker has had a few Grain Belts!

Excellent garage meal!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	wings and fries.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	550571

Looks delicious!

Comment

Never heard of the beer, but ima have to get up there to try it out. Good looking wings, never tried the smoked tater before, but it goes on my to do list.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
        Frozen Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        If you get up my way be sure to let me know. We will throw back a few and have some good eats. The north shore area of where I live is a vacation destination.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll take you up on that. We recently got a motorhome and are always looking for places to take it. Unfortunately, work keeps getting in the way...

Smoked fries are ON THE LIST!

Comment

Awesome! I love Oak Ridge and I love Grain Belt! Great combo my friend. I need to look into these Smoke Fries. They sounds incredible. What kind of oil did you use.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
          Frozen Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          I used Canola oil seemed to work well. See my comment to texastweeter as to how I smoked taters. I’m now to the point where I’m smoking taters once a week and using them for breakfast taters on the griddle or deep frying. Just rub them with some oil season with whatever you want and smoke!

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds incredible. I will have to try this out. Frozen Smoke

Originally posted by texastweeter View Post
        Smoked fries are ON THE LIST!
        I was surprised at the flavor the smoke definitely came through and the crispness of deep frying was a great combination. I smoked the taters until there was still some firmness in the middle.
        They seemed to brown quickly in the deep fryer. I could have used a bit more oil as they all weren’t covered.
        Im doing more today with some griddle burgers. New addiction maybe!

Comment

Grain Belt takes me back several years, I used to travel to Minnesota to fish with a mentor of mine that went to college at Bemidji. We always had Grain Belt and brought a couple cases home. Great looking food! Wish you well in the remodel.

Comment

I’d take your garage cooking over my kitchen cooking - that looks awesome!

Comment

Gotta admit the Oak Ridge products rock !!!! I really like Secret Weapon on chicken !!

Love your potatoe, copy worthy !!!!

Comment

That looks great.

Comment

(In my best Clint Eastwood voice, which is pretty good) "Improvise, adapt, overcome!"

Comment

Great looking spuds and wings. Looks like you're the master of improvisation.

Kathryn

Comment

I'd eat that, twice!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here