Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Successful Experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Successful Experiment

As noted in another post experimented Saturday with kofta kebabs. On Sunday attempted Alabama white BBQ sauce. It was another successful weekend experiment. For anyone here who hasn't tried it or is scared off by the seemingly odd mix of ingredients I encourage you to try it. A nice change from traditional rub/sauce.

Smoked two chicken halves. One with Memphis dust and regular sauce in case we didn't like the white. The other salt and pepper with white sauce. 26", SnS, hickory, KBB, 350ish avg temp.

Unfortunately, I didn't get pics. This cook also reminded me how nice a simple simple smoked chicken is.

Glad it was a good cook. Which white sauce recipe did you use? Been meaning to try it and now might be the time.

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
      Reds Fan 5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Donw, I used the recipe on this site. It is very easy to make. Ingredients are inexpensive. If you don't like it you haven't made a big investment in it. Give it a shot.

The white sauce is different but good - even with pulled pork. The adjustment is a little like the one to South Carolina mustard based sauce.

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
      Reds Fan 5 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've tried the mustard sauce. I want to like it but I just don't. I'll try the white on pulled pork.

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      Reds Fan 5 I don’t care much for the sour ones, but there are some sweeter ones like KC Master Piece and Sticky Fingers that I do like.

Our family loves Alabama White Sauce. I made chicken thighs with white sauce for a couple local eggfests and get lots of complements. There is a recipe on this site and one on the back of Dukes Mayonnaise Jars (I like the one from this site).

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
      Reds Fan 5 commented
      Editing a comment
      I used the recipe from this site. I think I will stay with it.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here