Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boneless skinless chicken breastS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boneless skinless chicken breastS

I have three boneless skinless chicken breasts that I need to cook. I am thinking about slicing a pocket into the breast and stuffing with Swiss cheese. Then wrapping the chicken breast with bacon.

Does anyone have any better ideas? Thanks

we have a place around us that does this exact thing. you can get a variety of flavors like ham and swiss, asparagus and something, jalapeno and cheddar, etc. they are wrapped in bacon and are AWESOME. however, you almost can't grill them because the bacon eventually flops out so we have switched to always baking them.

alternatively you could make skewers of chicken and bacon, mushrooms or whatever else you want to add. my .02

Comment

That sounds great, but I have concerns with the bacon. I think the bacon will be pretty raw when the breasts will be done.

I just did BS chicken breasts in Wednesday- I cut into ~1.5" strips, flattened them a bit, and lightly salted with garlic salt and garlic pepper. I will try stuffing them next time.

Comment

To avoid underdone bacon I always buy a thin center cut bacon (like Oscar Meyer) and pre-cook in the microwave with my bacon cooker until firm but still pliable. I then add to my meat or pepper or whatever I'm wrapping and cook. The bacon crisps up and gets done about the same time as what its wrapped in. Good luck !!!

Comment

Well, I don't have an SV device so I guess I'll try to pre-cook the bacon. I may cut the pockets but not insert the cheese until the chicken is about done. Thanks for the suggestions. Good ideas.

Comment

Sous Vide Bacon? Crispy and juicy?? Just a few minutes to crisp up??? Sounds too good to be true! I just started my Joule (the "recipe"- if you want to call it that, is in the Joule app) to try this out.

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Let us know how that turns out. We did it and have some in the freezer, but my wife cooked it like normal bacon in the pan and said "meh". And I replied try following the recipe for a change. And she said - well that's not for a public forum. ;-)

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Let’s set the record straight, it’s NOT crispy done SV, you have to fry it still to get it that way. I still use the micro for this, quicker & easier.

• CowboyScott
            CowboyScott commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, I did the SV Bacon, they fried it on a skillet. I was not impressed but it could have been the bacon I started with, which was Kirkland. I have not been impressed with their bacon at all. I will be trying it with classic Oscar Meyer hardwood bacon or Wright thick cut.

I don't wrap in bacon but I'll cut a pocket and put in sliced provolone cheese, tomato paste and basil. So good.

Comment

That would go over well here. My wife's italian. I may have to switch gears. Do you have quantities for the ingredients?

Comment

• ssandy_561
              ssandy_561 commented
              Editing a comment
              No real quantities. It all depends on how big the breasts are. Just don't over do it with the tomato paste.

Kinda like CHICKEN CORDON BLEU using ham inside instead of Bacon outside might work.

Comment

ssandy_561 Thanks for the idea. Here's what dinner looked like. Stuffed chicken with marinara sauce, edemame pasta with marinara sauce and shaved parmisian cheese, and roasted cauliflower. It tasted really good
              Attached Files

Comment

We’re trying out Meathead’s "Buxom Chicken Breasts" this evening. Butterflied the breasts, not hammered, and used a grainy Dijon mustard instead of smooth. Will hit the grill in half and hour-or-so, full report in due course.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B2739F20-B2A7-4732-848B-6455AECAF6E4.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	543398

Comment

• Tongmaster
                  Tongmaster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Smelling amazing 😋

Name:	11EEC900-7C94-45EE-8BCF-E7594AE7009F.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	543417

Comment

Dems is ready!

Name:	E43ABCA8-FABD-4E4B-B257-63F627AF6774.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	543422

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here