Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boneless stuffed wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boneless stuffed wings

Hi all. So I’ve been wanting to try de-boning and stuffing wings so last nights supper I decided to do just that!

Here they are all ready for the smoker!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BE450AFF-FF8D-4E34-96BC-A5439A26D114.jpeg
Views:	124
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	538716Click image for larger version

Name:	0441C155-70F2-4391-9FFF-B04BBF3AE286.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	538717 On the smoker sitting pretty. As these were just a trial run I didn’t go too crazy on the filling

Name:	79424804-4DAE-402A-967D-E45938452A64.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	538720Click image for larger version

Name:	AFFAE7EE-7072-4563-AE1D-AE77D9898C8E.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	538719
    although they did take a bit of work to de-bone and stuff all I can say is wow!!! Defiantly worth it and I will be doing them again soon and being a bit more creative with the filling (and better pictures)

Also for supper reverse seared steak with compound butter made with fresh herbs from the garden!

Name:	2559BE9A-D453-4486-B097-86A66CE36504.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	538723
    Attached Files

Stuffed wings...hmmm. Sounds good, also sounds like a lotta work! How'd you do it, with what?

Comment

I found a video on line showing how to debone the wings.
      and basically cut the bone out while pealing back the meat from the bone trying to keep the skin and meat intact the best I could to have a pocket to hold the stuffing. For the stuffing I just used onion, some bread crumbs, flavoured cream cheese , shredded cheese, garlic chives from the garden. I didn’t get to creative with them this time as it was just a trial run but man were they ever good. I glazed them with honey garlic wing sauce at the end as well.

Comment

• nsbbqguy
        nsbbqguy commented
        Editing a comment
        The next time I do they I’ll be trying some different ideas for stuffing maybe go with a Thai inspired wing or maybe even bacon/ jalapeño stuffed stuffed style! As you said tho lots of work but worth it!

Veeery interesting.

Comment

I see a ton of potential here. Stuff them with all kinds of different foods, cheese, bacon, stuffing, peppers, etc. Smoke them, then deep fry!

Comment

Sounds really good to me, I like it, well done !!! Would agree it does sound labor intensive, but hey sure it’s a labor of love !!

Comment

They look great! Me being lazy, I would probably just make wings with stuffing on the side, and take one bite of each.

Comment

What an interesting concept. Never would have thought of that.

Comment

Never heard of stuffing wings- looks like a bunch of work. I love wings and cook them frequently. I'll do bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos (usually cream cheese mixed with some orange cheese) as a side more often than not which satisfies by "stuffing fix".

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here