Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July 29 is National Chicken Wing Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 29 is National Chicken Wing Day!

Get your best recipes fine tuned and your vortex's, smokers, deep fryers at the ready! Been a couple good chicken wing posts today so on the 29th lets dewing some yard birds! I think this is also known as Troutman day!
    National Chicken Wing Day is an annually celebrated holiday which falls on July 29th and celebrates one of the most popular appetizers in America. It’s a day on which many Americans grab some wet-wipes to clean up the mess they make after consuming their part of the 1.25 billion chicken wings that are consumed just […]

Hmmm, I might could work up something. Typically we have a fun day on the last Sunday of the month. Might have to bust out the.....O crap, I forgot, I'll just load up the Pellee.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
      Frozen Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Be gone that weekend myself so i'm going to have to leave it to the capable hands of others here.

I hope they go on sale, I love chicken wings fried grilled or both, Buffalo style.

Comment

I'm cooking mine tomorrow along with two turkey wings, maybe we could have a contest, would have to be by looks only and to make sure it was not rigged FireMan could judge it. Winner could get a shiny new red kettle

Comment

Yum! Gonna have to whip up a batch of Satay Chicken Wings. Dang dang good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0175.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	535254

Comment

• SMO
          SMO commented
          Editing a comment
          been reading about those on serious.eats. Gonna have to try them myself!

Noted. Have 10.5 Kg (23 lbs) in the freezer Huskee that only cost me $0.70/pound (R 21/kg) on sale. Sunday 29th will definitely see a fair portion of them smoked and grilled.

Comment

Oh yeah. Here we go. Click image for larger version

Name:	D370C697-6009-403C-A040-C61F4F832C40.png
Views:	119
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	535267Click image for larger version

Name:	FE3CCECD-7A69-4F03-9FDE-AF8A7EA5F855.jpeg
Views:	138
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	535269Click image for larger version

Name:	646CD3AC-5425-4284-B214-362DD9B77F93.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	535268

Comment

Cool... do you know when leg day is? How about gizzard day?

Comment

Gonna have to get in on this fun. I'm thinking fried and crunchy tossed in something delicious!

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              I have faith in you Homey.

I think fried is cheating it is as easy as sv just quicker 😛
            Last edited by customtrim; July 21, 2018, 06:10 AM.

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Not cheating at all. You cannot duplicate the crispness of fried wings on any other kind of cooker. At least not in my opinion. And sometimes traditional is a nice change of pace.

• customtrim
              customtrim commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree that's why I said it was cheating. Plus think about it does HouseHomey really need any type of advantage over anyone Steve B

My buddy was able to start one of his goals of opening a food truck. He fries his wings and then grills them to set the sauce. The combo is fantastic and a huge hit with customers.

Now i want wings and taco salad (thanks Attjack ) for breakfast

Comment

Something seems out of kilter here. The little ol’ chickie wing gets a day & the hot dog gets a month? Where is justice in this world? We are going the way if the dogs. (I couldn’t help myself).

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                It's rigged, I say!

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
              Something seems out of kilter here. The little ol’ chickie wing gets a day & the hot dog gets a month? Where is justice in this world? We are going the way if the dogs. (I couldn’t help myself).
              You have my wholehearted support to spearhead a Hot Wing Month.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here