Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Chicken Wings (a few firsts for me on this one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Chicken Wings (a few firsts for me on this one)

Hiya folks,
    I did my first smoked chicken wings today.
    I dry brined them for an hour.
    Rubbed down with Memphis Dust (First time using it)
    Smoked real low for an hour with Maple, Cherry and Hickory (First time using Maple and Cherry)
    Cranked the heat up to 450F to finish em. 10 minutes each side and then basted with a little hot sauce.

I have to say, I am super impressed with the flavor of Memphis Dust. It was fairly well balanced. Although, I may make a few adjustments next time I use it on wings. It could have used a little more heat. As is, I can't wait to try it on pork.

The wings turned out fantastic and I can't wait to try this again soon!

Attached Files

Well now that chicken can only run across the road. Good lookin cook.

Comment

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      It ran straight into my belly... Hahaha
      Thanks!

WOW!!! Those look great! Love the idea of doing a low and slow smoke then giving them the heat. I usually just blast them at 450 F to 500 F. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! The low and slow really packed the flavor into them

They do look good.

Comment

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks 😁

I made wings but didn't take pics.(didn't happen)
    Yours look fantastic!

Comment

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here