Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peruvian Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peruvian Chicken

This is one of my favorite ways to cook chicken and this recipe by Kenji is by far my favorite. If you can get your hands on Aji Amarillo chilies, do it. They have a great citrusy chili flavor (I’m actually growing some in my garden this year just so I can make my own Aji Amarillo paste). If you can’t find Aji Amarillo peppers, you get get Aji Amarillo chile powder from Savory Spice shop out of Colorado and make a paste with water (not the same but it works).

The flavors of charcoal roasted chicken with that green sauce is out of this world delicious.

I have a 26 inch Kettle with SNS. I don’t do the direct sear because I feel cooking indirectly with the SNS at around 300-325 does a great job of producing a moist bird with nicely rendered charred skin. IMHO, if you use wood for flavor, go with pecan or oak.

Sorry, no pictures to share.

Link to chile powder: https://www.savoryspiceshop.com/spic...amarillo-chile

Definitely on my to-do list. I discovered Peruvian food several years ago at a place in L.A., and I really miss it.

Comment

Peruvian Chicken? Is that code for guinea pig so the kids will eat it?

Comment

He also has a sandwich version which is very good:

Comment

Love that dude. Did this a few weeks ago, the sauce he's got with it is awesome too, just like the Peruvian chicken places I've eaten at around DC...

Comment

Although I'm sure its good, the recipe didn't really bowl me over. Other than a healthy dose of cumin, the flavor profile is pretty much what I would use for my chicken. As to the suggested sauce, it kind of reminds me of a chili based Alabama white sauce. I'd like to give that a try !!!

Comment

My wife happened to find a couple of different kinds of Peruvian chile pastes a few weeks back. We made a version of this, with the green sauce, and it was really good. Thanks for the Kenji recipe - I think we used one from the NY Times.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here