Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Independence Day Chicken - ala Troutman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independence Day Chicken - ala Troutman

I’m adding to the chicken tributes to Troutman ! His cherry bomb chicken posts got to me, got a vortex for Father’s Day. First time using it today, on the 4th of July. Put some MMD on the chicken per my daughters request (I think she’d put that stuff on her Cheerios if I let her). Lit a full chimney, got things rolling on the 22” and dropped in a chunk of mesquite for good measure. Let it go 50 min, and it was 187F, just perfect for us. One bite into it and my wife says "So crispy!" Sounded like we were eating fried chicken. She was also tickled pink with the delicious corn she made in all of 2 min in her InstaPot. Happy 4th everybody! Torrential storm just took part of a crape myrtle in the front yard, hope this blows over so we can have some fireworks fun... 💥🇺🇸
    Attached Files

Oh, I don't have a Weber kettle anymore, but if I did I would definitely get that Vortex goody! Chicken looks best ever!

Comment

That bird looks glorious. What temp on the cook? Thanks

Comment

• FishTalesNC
        FishTalesNC commented
        Editing a comment
        I really don’t know - as hot as I could get it. I never bother checking the built in thermometer and didn’t break out my iGrill2 for this cook since I knew I’d just let it roll. Sorry about that!

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        FishTalesNC - I'm with you - let that Weber get as hot as it can for chicken.

So that’s just a couple cut up birds, chimney of coals and a chunk of wood? Bshake some mmd on it and roll? Even more glorious!

Comment

• FishTalesNC
        FishTalesNC commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly! Just a package of legs & thighs. A little salt too since the MMD doesn’t have any.

That’s for the shout out but the real star is that chicken ...., and the vortex ...

Comment

That Vortex is a mean chicken machine!

Comment

Excellent looking yard bird! Good job keeping it simple just how BBQ was meant to be!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here