Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clarification on Simon & Garfunkel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarification on Simon & Garfunkel

using the gasser for both phases, but I’m unclear as to whether adding smoke to the gasser is standard issue? Please advise

A little bit of cherry wood chips that would ignite easily can add a nice touch of flavor.

Comment

Smoke is always good. I'm a little unclear exactly what you're asking though.

Comment

S&G is the name of a rub and a recipie for chicken that uses that rub.
        If you are referring to chicken, the first (indirect) phase is where you apply the smoke. Smoke sticks to cold and moist better.

Grilled chicken has never tasted better thanks to this recipe featuring our amazing Simon & Garfunkel Dry Rub, a wonderful herb based rub that is great on chicken, turkey, and veggies. As with most grilled chicken recipes, we recommend you cut the bird into parts so that you can ensure each is cooked to perfection.

Comment

For tips on gas grill setups for smoking see these two links

You can set up a gas grill to get excellent smoke roasted barbecue if you know how. Here's how gas grills work, the best setups, and how to maintain them.

And

Improve your recipes and make the best BBQ possible with this one essential concept: temperature control. The secret? 2 zone grilling setup, a.k.a. an indirect grilling setup!

Comment

I’m talking about the recipe, I use s&g all the time to sauté chicken breast during the week, however, I’ve never done the Real McCoy on the grill... plus I just got my gasser so I’m still a greenhorn

Comment

Then yes, add some smoke when cooking a chicken using S&G rub. You don't need much, you can add more the next time you do it if you think it needs more smoke.

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

Oh well then, please by all means necessary. Smoke it if you got it!
                  A little smoke will do you just fine on that chicken.
                  Start with a little something as stated by all above and see where your tastes lie. I like a light cherry, or apple on chicken. Perhaps your taste buds will like a heavier smoke.
                  Start light and go from there.
                  pics or it didn't happen.
                  HH

Comment

I did a rotisserie chicken last night on the gasser and loosely wrapped a hunk of pecan in foil then tossed it on the flavor bars. It was just right.
                    Last edited by CaptainMike; June 14, 2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here