Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken for potluck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken for potluck

Made some chicken quarters for a work potluck today. Dry brine yesterday and used the simon and garfunkel rub. Cooked at 325 on my Weber kettle w/SnS. Got a great deal at my butcher only $0.79/lb. Used one chunk of apple wood. Nice, crispy skin. Juicy inside. Very happy.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180607_134448.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	512760

Dang, Son!
    Either I missed th Memo, or summat! ...:d
    Great lookin yardbird, amigo

Comment

Dang they look delicious and nutritious

Comment

Two thumbs up!

Comment

Well done.

Comment

You did a nice job, Geekandproud . That chicken looks delicious.

That SnS makes some really great chicken pieces. I'm amazed at how crispy the skin can get on it without the searing step. I did a load of drumsticks and thighs a couple weeks back and the drumsticks were eating-ready right off the grill with super crispy skin and really moist insides. The thighs needed some searing, so I cold-grate seared them.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Legs and Thighs 1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	137.3 KB ID:	512815

Dave's Adrenaline Barbecue video is awesome for getting it right the first time:

We’ll explain some helpful tips to get your drumsticks grilled properly so you can serve them to you family and friends with pride.

Scroll down to see the video.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here