Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kettle Rotisserie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t owned a rotisserie and not planning on getting one.

Comment

I have always just spatchcocked and cooked indirectly without rotating. I have 2 chickens thawing now that will be my first chickens cooked on my kamado.

Click image for larger version

Name:	t_sGBvMQknxBUtvVg9OWk2T-n-uO3juor1oqFMZFijovxVGcisTJ_1wJ2zZdEBgN0B1BOUkqfLIMg1Vc7sro5uhYFoX16R3uAKAILrGyLWFjmib7teTf3LhvTWfk-_KW0e0jFczU1PeZOy29zZhQybCTSztxVYY4Usrb2GQS5LkTyQRpDJLKUnd_nQflMT1kIUupueZRoUr-91dCDhWaFy7bd1VuKr6MY3bni9EqXDZgcvnSfu0nS34fA8aV9sF
Views:	90
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	512455

Comment

• jlazar
        jlazar commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow. Causing me to rethink.

I do have a rotisserie for my Big Joe and quite honestly I am second guessing buying it. I just need to use it more to find out if the investment is worth it. So far I have only used it once on a chicken and the results were less than stellar to say the least. I plan on using it for a turkey in the near future and possibly a pork butt.

Comment

Finally decided to get a rotisserie for the Kettle. First cook today was Cornish Hens. Used Rosemary brine for about 6 hours. Cook time at 350 was 55 minutes.

Name:	Cornish Hens.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	552000

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like you did well.

Glad to hear you got this and tried it out. Keep us posted on your long term use.

After cooking 4 of the best chickens I've ever made in 30+ years on my offset recently, I am really wondering how chicken could be better using a rotisserie. I understand its a difference in indirect versus radiant direct, but spinning. Just curious as to how it makes the chicken different.

Will a 22" kettle rotisserie fit 2 full size chickens? And are you now cooking by time, with a target time to stop the spinning and check the meat temp with a Thermapen?

Comment

• jlazar
          jlazar commented
          Editing a comment
          I set a target time and then began using the Thermapen to check temp. I plan to try two whole fryers next followed by a 14lb turkey. I will post results. The hens came out very juicy. Did not put anything on the skin before or during. May be different with the chickens.
          Last edited by jlazar; August 21, 2018, 03:34 PM.

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          They look really good!

I have one for my 22. I like it but I rarely use it.

Comment

Those birds look delicious! I cook chicken many ways on different grills, but every time I use the rotisserie on my kettle it comes out great. Good purchase.

Comment

jfmorris Here is a picture of two chickens on the 22. These birds are about 4.5lbs each. Looks like plenty of room to go up to 6lb each. Both were brushed with EVOO and then rub on one. The one without rub was brined, the other was not, to do a comparison. Cooking at 325.

Name:	Rotisserie Chicken.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	555730

Comment

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking good!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here