Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A really good boneless chicken thigh recipe I found...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A really good boneless chicken thigh recipe I found...

This has become my go to recipe for both chicken thighs and porkchops. Every time I serve it to friends and or family they say it is really tasty. Mongolian pork chops/chicken recipe... http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled...ps/detail.aspx http://www.flickr.com/photos/food_pictures/8746133116/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/food_pictures/8726827313/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/food_pictures/8727945820/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/food_pictures/8727945544/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/food_pictures/8727945752/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/food_pictures/8883017388/

This looks and sounds awesome. I will be sure to try it.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      It's easier to do it in your kitchen oven on a pizza stone than it would be in your offset smoker. I use my BGE because I can regulate the heat better in it than in my kitchen oven. If you set your kitchen oven for 500 degrees... The heat regulator will allow it to go between 490 and 510 degrees. I can keep my BGE within 5 degrees of what my target temp is. Cooking bread is an exact science and a 20 degree variance is not a good thing.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee...

There are many benefits to owning a ceramic cooker... Regulation of heat from 225 to 800 degrees is the magic.

Pizzerias and Chinese restaurants cook at 650 to 800 degrees. Very few homes have a cooking device that can reach those temps. I cook pizzas on my BGE in 4/5 minutes. I cook Chinese food with my wok right on top of my lump coal and I easily cook at 800 degrees. You can wok chicken and veggies bits in 1 to 2 minutes.

Baking bread is much easier in my BGE because I can just look through the top vent to view how the bread is browning... I don't have to open the dome and lose the high heat I have created. Cooking to color is the magic. NOT to temp. I prefer my sourdough bread a little darker than you can buy at the super market. I cook at a higher temp so my interior crumb temp doesn't pass 210 degrees.

I can do a 18 hour low and slow cook without adding any lump and I usually have 25% of my lump unused that I can use on my next cook.

Cleaning... I fire it up to 1000 degrees for 10 minutes and there is No, Zero, Zilch residue anywhere!

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      TOTALLY agree Wartface. I've had my eye on a Primo XL for some time. The next major outdoor kitchen purchase is quite likely to be one. Problem is they're not cheap. But I've seen the advantages to a kamado and I can't wait until I can get one.

Wow there's a lot of ingredients in that there marinade.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes there are but it's fairly easy to prepare. I now make big batches of it so I have it when I want it. It will keep in tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for quite a while.

I marinate the chicken thighs or chops overnight in a ziplock bag before I grill them. I grill them low and slow to start... Occasionally basting on another layer of the marinade. Then when they are close to done I put them down low to the red hot coals to caramalize the marinade a little bit.

Try it... You'll like it. Let me know if you do try it.

I make the other dipping sauce when I do pork chops but I don't use it with the chicken thighs.

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Wartface, I will definitely try it and let you know what I think. I will probably do this on chicken first as the GF is getting tired of red meat. I'm thinking even whole thighs with skin and bone.

DEW

Yeah, but I probably have all of them in my pantry and/or fridges so it's no big thang.

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think sherry vinegar might be the only thing I don't have in the house.

• Strat50
      Strat50 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love sherry vinegar. It really goes well in any beef sauce as a finish, but is also superb in marinades and vinaigrettes too.

Sounds and looks good, I have all that too I think from my char siu and Chinese food.

Comment

Chef John knows his stuff. Check out his blog, www.foodwishes.blogspot.com

Comment

• smarkley
        smarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed! I have used quite a few of his recipes... not posted here, because they mostly aren't 'Q'

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed... Chef John is very good. I have many of his recipes stored in my AllRecipes.com file. His videos make it easy to duplicate his recipes.

I find his videos a tad annoying, but he does know his stuff. I have quite a few of his recipes saved in my Evernote recipe box.
      Last edited by Dewesq55; January 9, 2015, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dewesq55 View Post
        I have quite a few if his recipes saved in my Evernote recipe box.
        Ditto! I love Evernote!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here