Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simon and Garfunkel experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon and Garfunkel experience

I tried the Simon and Garfunkel rub on a couple of bone-in chicken breasts last night. Low and slow with the smokenator and a couple of hickory chunks. Chicken came out perfectly cooked, juicy, with just the right color and smoke flavor.

However, I wasn't really thrilled with the flavor of the rub itself. It seemed to "herby" to me even for chicken. Now, I probably used too much and that may have been the problem, but it tasted to me like it would be better as a marinade with a citrus or wine offset to the herbs.

So, I'm curious to hear what variations folks have done with that rub recipe. I'd like to try it again, but maybe a slightly different application of it next time.

It says to apply the rub liberally, so I think you did good there. I am not a big herb guy myself. I prefer thyme over rosemary and substitute the former when it calls for the latter. I've not tried this recipe, no tellin' the substitutions I'd have to make.

Thanks for joining and the support!!

Comment

That's the fun of BBQ - start with what someone else loves, and adapt to your taste.

I LOVE Simon & Garfunkel just like Meathead recommends! But I'm sure I'll do some adapting along the way.

I'm trying to follow the recipe exact and work on my technique. I'll adapt more after my technique is mastered.

have fun!
      paul

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here