Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone into Yakitori?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone into Yakitori?

Seems like something I should try.

Yes, delicious. A local Asian buffet features them.
    Also very much like Yakisoba, as long as we're yaki'in...
    Was introduced to it, while in th Service...

Comment

I think I'll concentrate on the yakiTORI for now. Maybe I'll do it on the slownsear on my 26. Either that or between some bricks on the Jumbo Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Attjack View Post
        Seems like something I should try.
        To quote one of my Aggie buddies, "Absotively Posiloutly!!!"

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Gig'em!!!

Well, we just did some but in a curry instead. Burnt the bamboo skewers right off lol! So it is still a work in progress.

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          That'll work!!

This sounds like something i have to Google 😆

Comment

Mmmmm was in Japan in March had some awesome yakitori cooked over binchotan charcoal.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLinebarger View Post
            Burnt the bamboo skewers right off lol!
            Just lay some foil on the grill to shield the exposed skewers from direct heat and they won't burn ...

Comment

• JimLinebarger
              JimLinebarger commented
              Editing a comment
              Was thinking about that before I cooked them Was thinking to either place foil down on the grill or put it on each skewer. I thought "they aren't gonna burn." And it was like spontaneous combustion on some of them. I decided to use the bamboo instead of my many metal skewers to be more "authentic". Guess you can't get more authentic than fire. Next time, metal skewers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	102_03.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	492973

Name:	jWiZvlA.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	492974

Name:	Yakitori_018.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	492975

Comment

I'm going to pick up some mirin today for the sauce, and give it a go tonight with some thighs I have on hand. Later I'll probably try it with a whole chicken.
              Last edited by Attjack; May 1, 2018, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Oh I thought you guys were talking about cutting some steaks off one of these guys......ok carry on

Comment

• HouseHomey
                  HouseHomey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm in!!

Just go hot and fast and send the $3.39 on metal skewers.

Comment

had some last week. boneless skinless chicken thighs, spring onions, teriyaki sauce, and the electric indoor grill. Served over vegetable fried rice. Super good, super easy, and sounds impressive.

Comment

Well my first go was delicious. I learned some things and have a lot more to learn. I'll certainly be doing yakitori again.

Name:	-L92BP58HpEgdG4UiLOhPVB7Qla_vtyvj-6RsCHl-lctBcayr66uRSBqcuOJo_yjLnqMs9_JpEpPO510j4hXpOctAsud4LefkanfavsThy7ykxTkRM1TpO2G7CbAqSoRrojJcbZ0XhUWj0CJUibXeEjnT49emxicSPFWjxOtQ4iMZmoMqw9gA_mCgzbcNsvYYpFpg1H3IWl_5HdnbT6536Yo9lzs3VaZRUtlG48q9rBhYZGIXC1Qwt-dvWo5tMg
Views:	297
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	493258Click image for larger version

Name:	3iR6Jd-n9dQlGFG_vKtbPTeo44aNRiYnBYJGKpCYiT3EitWJFwdFPuh4hu0rekGL6cO5T1C24hcoGtqlA5z2a6Q6xYX85uTJNMjAe3_3MwTEpd4uFDV0iZ0pXt-iSbFkRfAYf_OHubgNvZVsdrFz1NbgLYoDaJyUvCd6stw-BACaNjSRlqloCCnaxNC8bpV0hfLeAWUyWkOjoMtxPZgoUBmrIjiRj1mJMW3uUWGtzLm34EAENY-mSDCAh3QSbQc
Views:	387
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	493259

Name:	0qdadjt_vHy1BbgYvdctiWwu2h-IqP5m9qYD3tDyG4XmG90rjNlGjN044gBj0gEYCNdH_7qaKLHncOrbpnsSUZHYqYLu7eTj8Qo1c6mwt_Jo0lctc5c-GVtISjsjDHKWhQTox_crGIwpnyh8F5PIrY6i2yopc9CMG8h90VRz51_sOliLMEcdUGJZZkDV03driLQpf-SIzQOLQ3ZCET-N0BWKc7fDN-WV6s_wEikDZ1x2mXz7uyV-xLCHL753diU
Views:	292
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	493260

Name:	nMOdNbqJv2YiWs8GjdJjV6kLkpA8-6nHTSnaBOqK1Xp7wVsu4JydM1-Myi639gV34QDNOK0qb8HDpzWxRCjjoZnQSDFiz36RF5ji3J8eKOtydp381HQ5vVtoVO-FeDwjzKgK3xLfJgfbNXx89rtD9IRGkDrM6JafMRJZPw8dkzeR5jJB-9hi5A6DwaNg7PYjtj4-c4yjwFUxK9OjCAvdEDn6kDFRx6KY_CXiUHstgNlT6SKQvN_o5t1lpTEJci2
Views:	309
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	493261

Comment

More Yakitori, still learning.

Name:	AjskJhch0EH8bbNPe1JNy-D6Qm34liFSNE1uWB8KDgFLlg9OtXkl4WNrPh8OhsxH0pYa_NFHQUnc4IITmwZejSX-6w1bT9XVS0527MMhsd42o2TvDZSwk5IhDK8oZkKGeDcdSnVSRwjOJQv4opks_S8FFq-rmhsHkMOo5GNpSpTEEVBrESLnHgkKGhWCoPuvAH2OLoARiTXk9qBWXm5EUWf3t-VHqWEgP5VBDNElG2PzsaUu8x2b-CgDqP9JmLH
Views:	303
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	498034

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here