Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roadside Chicken showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roadside Chicken showdown

I wanted to find a go-to recipe for Pollo Adabo for street tacos and narrowed it down to two with the idea of choosing a favorite. Rick Bayless and Patio Daddio. End result? Lol, now I have two recipes instead of one. I couldn't decide which I liked better. Both were outstanding. Went too my local Mexican store for ingredients. Two 5# chickens halved and Click image for larger version

Name:	20180324_171651.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	472347Click image for larger version

Name:	20180324_184808.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	472348Click image for larger version

Name:	20180324_191320.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	472349 cooked on the PBC to IT 160 monitoring with the smoke thermometer. One small chunk of mesquite for smoke. Cook finished in 1.5 hrs Highly recommend both recipes. Rick Bayless on the left in the barrel and first pic, Patio Daddio on right and bottom pic.

Love that chicken from the PBC!Those look marvelous!

Comment

• Company2BBQ
      Company2BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I know what ya mean. I've got two smokers and two kettles with the Slow-n-Sear and tried chicken on all of them in all different manners and the PBC just shines with chicken. It's to the point I won't cook chicken on anything but the PBC.

Looks fabulous!

Comment

Dang I keep seeing these amazing pics of PBC cooks. It hasn’t been on my radar. But........
      Really nice job brother.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        What about now?

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here