Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled and roasted lemon rosemary chicken on the Primo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled and roasted lemon rosemary chicken on the Primo

​​​​​I thought I’d switch it up. Don’t recall the last time I didn’t spatchcock my chicken. I stuffed it w lemon and rosemary sprigs, trussed it and rubbed it w minced rosemary, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Grilled it direct on all 4 sides then indirect at 380 until done. Smashed some red potatoes and roasted them on the Chapa. Salad of mustard greens not pictured. This strategy allowed the Primo to shine. It's excellent at two zone cooking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rub.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	469084

Name:	trussed and rubbed.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	469083

Name:	Primo w divider lit.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	469082Click image for larger version

Name:	2 zone.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	469085Click image for larger version

Name:	2 zone 2.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	469075Click image for larger version

Name:	2 zone 3.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	469076

Name:	finished chicken.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	469079Click image for larger version

Name:	Chapa roasted smashed potatoes.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	469078
    Attached Files

Gawgeous!

Comment

That reminds me, I need to order some chicks!

Comment

• Keltonfoss
        Keltonfoss commented
        Editing a comment
        I think we both know where you can get some of those

Damn JC. That’s beautiful.

Comment

Just fabulious!

Comment

What DeeDubs said, nothing short of fabulous!

Comment

Dat looks great.

Comment

BTW, I've had my Primo for over 2 years now and this cook was the first time I've ever used fire starter cubes. Boy, do I feel like an idiot. Why did I wait so long to try them!!! I've been struggling w my s**tt* crème brulee torch and finally gave up on it as it stopped holding gas. These things are awesome. They lit the previously used lump like a champ.

Comment

Those chickens look great, love your lemon rub with the zest, bravo ! But dude, those spuds ... off the charts ! Nice cook !

Comment

• JCBBQ
                JCBBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Troutman. I've been upping my tater game of late thanks to Francis Mallman. I've got 3 different flavored oils in my fridge at the moment. The oils harded so you just put a little scoop on top of each potato as well as on the cast iron before you place the spuds. The smell is incredible.

The title of this post says it all. The pics confirm it. Nice job!

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                I would have left it at "Primo on the Primo"

Beautimous! Somebody had to say it!

Comment

that looks great and you've just lined up my next cook !

Comment

• JCBBQ
                  JCBBQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh cool! Glad to provide a little inspiration. I’m always finding great ideas here. Love this site.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here