Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled Chicken Thighs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled Chicken Thighs

Grilled chicken thighs tonight. Used grill grates upside down. Preheat grill to high, then dropped to low after loading chicken. Seared top side and started to develop a nice crispy skin. Flipped a couple times and finished with mango, smoked jalapeños and garlic. Dalmatian rub before hitting heat. Pulled at 160. Rest for 10 minutes. Oh so yummy. Spicy and sweet all together with a crisp skin. Tender meat with good flavor. Dropped in a couple of apple wood chips at the start of grilling.

They look scrumptious! Your seasonings sound really interesting.

Comment

Looks good Bocefuss. Do you notice that the apple wood chips make a difference on such a short cook?

Comment

• bocefuss
        bocefuss commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, there was a slight undertone on smoke from the chips.

Ok, Letting out a secret.... When I BBQ for a crowd (to show off), I will give all the meats a low temp smoke @ 200F for about an hour, depending on thickness. Let me give you some examples....

Steaks: Doesn't matter the cut, but gauge on thickness. Smoke'em starting at fridge temps for up to an hour (thickness dependent). Ok, 3/4" Choice Sirloin steaks about 30-45 minutes of smoking, then grill on hot grill (thin steak method) to about 140F, pull & rest. Thick steaks, like 1.5", an hour of low smoke and finish on grill.... sometimes you can reverse sear, but unless really thick, you will go to sear after smoke. Here in Texas, you can get 2 or 2.5 inch monster steaks I saw that first hand visiting an HEB grocery store near Ft. Hood. Wow, I've never seen so many thick cut steaks in my life! I was drooling!

Chicken: Whole, 1/2 or quarters.... A little smoke helps. Low and slow for 30-60 minutes. Then off to a medium-high grill to finish.

Pork chops: Thick... at least 3/4". 30 minutes of smoke and a quick sear on grill. I've marinaded them first too.... or just a dalmatian rub will work.

Here in Texas there's a restaurant called, Texas Land & Cattle Company. It's a nice place.... They have a smoked sirloin encrusted in cracked pepper that's to kill for. Served med-rare with mashed tators. Oh my, this was my inspiration about 10 years ago.

Bottomline: Smoke = flavor!

Let's talk me, ok

Bocefuss that's how I like chicken.

Comment

• bocefuss
        bocefuss commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Boss Doing ribs tonight with guidance from site with my own rub (minus salt).

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully more pics to follow!

That is the ONLY way I can eat dark meat on chicken. Grilled...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here