Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken thighs in Bama white sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator Pig
    replied
    I tried some grilled thighs with Bob Gibson's white sauce and nobody (including myself) really cared for the flavor profile. It was... odd. Is the Meathead recipe that different? Seems like it's virtually the same thing with some slight tweaks to the original recipe.

I've got another Alabama white sauce on its way to me now called K&M BBQ White Sauce (https://www.thekansascitybbqstore.co...-q-white-sauce)

I've heard good things about it so hopefully it's more to my liking.

Leave a comment:

• fkrall
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, Henrik; got it!!

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Found it: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...barbecue-sauce

• Frozen Smoke
    replied
    Looks fantastic! I've never had 'Bama white sauce 'bout time I try it!

Leave a comment:

• Butchman
    commented on 's reply
    We liked it, has a nice peppery tangy taste.

• MBMorgan
    replied
    When I grew up (in Northern Alabama), any chicken not fried was slathered in white sauce ... with a couple of differences. The chicken was basted with the sauce while cooking and the sauce itself was a little sweeter than MH's. I use MH's sauce recipe but add a TBSP of sugar to balance the acidity and to make it taste like what I remember from childhood.

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Scott
    replied
    Love Bama Sauce, have not tried it myself yet. Yours looks awesome.

Leave a comment:

• TripleB
    replied
    I tried Big Bob Gibson's white sauce on thighs. Came out looking just like your pic. Did not care for the white sauce. Is Meathead's sauce better??

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    That looks like a ‘Bama dish I had down Gulf Shores way. Beautiful!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Why, Meathead's book of course! Look for Alabama white sauce.

• fkrall
    replied
    Sorry, slow learner class. What recipe? What book?

Leave a comment:

• Mudkat
    replied
    Homerun right there!

Leave a comment:

• Butchman
    commented on 's reply
    On the weber grill.

• jgreen
    replied
    Looking good! Cooked right on the grill or in a pan?

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    "Where the skies are so blue".

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here