Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken thighs in Bama white sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken thighs in Bama white sauce

With grilled baby Bella mushrooms. This is the recipe from the book and it is fantastic! Click image for larger version

Name:	20180114_191029.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	440036
    Attached Files

It looks great!

Comment

Love me some shrooms.

Comment

• Butchman
        Butchman commented
        Editing a comment
        Meatheads recipe, I added the shrooms cause they were in the fridge and I thought they’d be good in the white sauce.

Looks very good.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

You'll be chasing that forever. That white sauce is life changing.

Comment

• Butchman
            Butchman commented
            Editing a comment
            My wife’s new favorite for chicken. You’re right, it’s on the menu for good now.

Sweet Home!

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            "Where the skies are so blue".

Looking good! Cooked right on the grill or in a pan?

Comment

• Butchman
            Butchman commented
            Editing a comment
            On the weber grill.

Homerun right there!

Comment

Sorry, slow learner class. What recipe? What book?

Comment

That looks like a ‘Bama dish I had down Gulf Shores way. Beautiful!!!!

Comment

I tried Big Bob Gibson's white sauce on thighs. Came out looking just like your pic. Did not care for the white sauce. Is Meathead's sauce better??

Comment

• Butchman
                Butchman commented
                Editing a comment
                We liked it, has a nice peppery tangy taste.

Love Bama Sauce, have not tried it myself yet. Yours looks awesome.

Comment

When I grew up (in Northern Alabama), any chicken not fried was slathered in white sauce ... with a couple of differences. The chicken was basted with the sauce while cooking and the sauce itself was a little sweeter than MH's. I use MH's sauce recipe but add a TBSP of sugar to balance the acidity and to make it taste like what I remember from childhood.

Comment

Looks fantastic! I've never had 'Bama white sauce 'bout time I try it!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here