Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duck Confit.............On a budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat50
    commented on 's reply
    A man after my own heart! lol

• _John_
    commented on 's reply
    Love it!

• smarkley
    commented on 's reply
    LMAO!!!

• Ernest
    replied
    HAHAHA! I had a summer BBQ a few years ago and somebody challenged me to make beef testicles edible. We got our meat from a local farm. I'm not one to back down from a challenge. Women loved them, they thought it was grilled rabbit sausage. Well I kinda told them that it was grilled rabbit sausage.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    I have eaten many things, some I don't care to remember, but can't remember ever knowingly having duck. I say knowingly because not knowing has brought me tongue, brains, testicles and canine.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    I should have called this confit style maybe. LOL! Since it's not fully covered in duck fat, it defeats the purpose. But it's delicious. I believe confit is to do with preserving meats. Strat50, can you chime in please?

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    Duck is good eats!!

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Nice, duckman. Ya got me craving some duck, that's fo sho.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    started a topic Duck Confit.............On a budget

Duck Confit.............On a budget

Most of you have probably noticed my love for duck.
    Let me share with you my Budget duck confit. Traditionally, duck confit involves an obscene amount of duck fat and that's not cheap.
    So what I do is adapt. I have 4 duck legs, salted. I will use a 10 inch pie pan because I want the legs to be placed tightly together.
    Seasoning is simple, a few thyme springs and crushed garlic placed at the bottom of the pan. I added a tablespoon of duck fat.

Place the legs in a single layer. More garlic and thyme.

I placed a sheet of parchment paper and tightly wrapped with 3 sheets of HD foil before placing in a 250 degrees oven for 2.5 hours

After 2.5 hours, let it cool and refrigerate without unwrapping.
    after a day in the refrigerate ....

These are ready for crisping either in a skillet or grill. For now they will go back in my refrigerate for emergency duck fix.

I'll reserve the fat for potatoes and eggs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here