Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant wait to cook another instant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant wait to cook another instant

I am dying to spend a day barbecuing!
    As today is my birthday, I should get to do as I please...
    Nope. Wrong, I have to work. It happens to us all.

I wanted to cook today, but I will have to postpone until tomorrow.
    It still falls into birthday week, but as I have just finished dry brining my whole 14lb turkey, and also set my 6 turkey legs into a cure for those Disney style drums, and set some BB Ribs into my sweet citrus beer brine I got the itch to just call out of work.

I haven't had many opportunities to fire up my Horizon smoker lately. I have done some killer burgers, steaks and salmon on my Weber kettle, but all small cooks. Haven't had time for an all day cook like brisket, but I just can't wait any longer.

Wednesday it must be. First cook of 2018 will be fun. I will post some pictures when I get everything ready, from stuffed jalapeños to Disney style drums I can't wait to spend hours alone with my grill.

Weather says snow (in South Carolina) and it will definitely be cold as can be but that won't stop me from reaching temp and smoking yummy juicy meats.

Prep is done, time to sleep so cook day comes faster!

Now there's some ambition I can appreciate! Cook on, my man, cook on!

Comment

Happy Birthday!
      Hope ya' have a great cook on yer Horizon!

Comment

Happy B Day! Yeah I get the unrelenting urge to cook sometimes but most times I have other obligations that have to come first. Wife and I own our own business. So no calling in sick or taking time off. If we don't do it there is no one else to do it. I'm going to be fully retired by spring. Then it's on like donkey kong baby!!!

Comment

Happy birthday!

Comment

Enjoy your Birthday.

Comment

Happy Birthday! Cheers!

Comment

Happy Birthday! I'm sure that cook will be even more enjoyable now!

Comment

Happy Birthday!

Comment

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

Comment

Wow, I forgot to follow up with pictures. As I am about to post todays 2 pork butt Super Bowl cook, I should remedy my mistake

So the birthday turkey was a success, but at the end of the day I am so glad I cooked those Disney drumsticks.
                      Though I had regular sized hen drums and not the tom drums it is good to have a 1 hour smoke project in the arsenal for when I want to cook and not be married to the grill for 12 hours (like today lol).
                      Proof enough... my 2 year old chowing down on her own drum. When she tried daddy's, she never gave it back.
                      Give me barbecue and family every year on my birthday and I am a happy man!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8080.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	449771Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8067.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	449772Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8075.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	449773

Comment

• Mudkat
                        Mudkat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I second that! What a cutie! She must have been committed to even get a bite out of that big drum. But where there's a will there's a way! I like the way you arranged the drums sticks. It all looks great!

Good lookin cook & it looks like one satisfied customer to me.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here