Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beer can chicken myth or fact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, and if it ends up tastin like chicken and ya don’t puke yer guts out. Yeah. Ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Solberg View Post
      I agree on safety 1000%. Just think of all the folks the put unclean cans to their lips every day never thinking twice about it. It’s mind blowing.
      Oh, Jon Solberg , you've hit on one of my fav rants. Once I was in a grocery store and one of the employees stepped on a six-pak of Coke to reach something at the back of a high shelf for me. Right away, I thought "Thank you, young man" since he was young enough to have been my son. Then I thought "Eeeew, I'll never drink straight out of a can again unless I've washed it". So I wash all tin cans and drink cans before opening them. My husband laughs at what he terms my A-R behavior (figure it out). But I'm not drinking out of something that someone has quite likely stepped on!

Kathryn

Comment

I love to see this topic come up. It is the closest thing to politics that the moderators allow to slip in. I don't have an opinion but it is fun to read!

Comment

Nothing A-R about food safety. Can chicken is the least of our worries if done properly.

More later. I’m off to the shushi bar at the gas station for some oysters. yum.

Comment

• NWDave
            NWDave commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't forget the hot dogs that have been in the warmer or roller thingee since 5am.

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            NWDave gotta love the gas station treadmill of despair. Ha!

Yeah, roller thingee! Maybe we ought to start a sub-forum on roller thingee food. What rubs do you use? How do I get a roller thingee ring on my toranado? Just wonderin.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            I love speedway food. Just sayin.

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            I used to love Speedway food until that one day I unwrapped the breakfast burrito that was mostly fuzzy and blue.

I haven't done beer can chicken just because I 'm not going to waste a beer on chicken but I have done Dr Pepper can chicken, Coke can chicken and just water in a can chicken with some herbs that turn out pretty dang tasty. Like Jon Solberg said internal temp is internal temp. I say don't knock it until you try it. IMO, the only way that I would do a beer can chicken is if someone left some Pabst Blue Ribbon, Hamm or some other kind of rot gut beer behind. Cheers!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here