Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cherry Chipotle Chicken Lolipops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cherry Chipotle Chicken Lolipops

I have to give a hat tip to Mothers BBQ on you tube for this dish. I saw it the other day and had to try it. Cooked them on the kettle for 55 minutes total, including time for the sauce to set. These things were absolutely delicious.

French boned and ready to go. Their was definitely a learning curve for me on this . Shattered the end on the first one, but the rest came out ok for my first time trying this .

Click image for larger version

Name:	CL1.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	42362

Seasoned and on the Pit. Used PBC all purpose rub.

Name:	CL2.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	42361

Sauced and put back on to set the sauce. This sauce is incredible.

Name:	CL3.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	42363

Ready to eat

Name:	CL4.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	42360

Looks good, sauce sounds really good.

Comment

Got a recipe or link for the sauce? Also, did you use cherry wood for smoking, or was that just a component in the chipolte sauce? Looks tasty Deuce!

Comment

• Deuce
        Deuce commented
        Editing a comment
        There is cherry preserves in the sauce and I used a cherry wood chunk for smoke. My tablet isn't letting me post a link but you can go to Youtube and search mothers BBQ. He is out of San Diego.

The sauce is :
        1 1/2 cup cherry preserves
        1 cup of ketchup ( I did half ketchup half chili sauce )
        1 chipotle plus 1 Tbl of adobo sauce
        1 Tbl soy sauce
        1 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
        2 Tbl molasses
        2 Tbl apple cider vinegar
        1 tsp garlic powder
        1 tsp cocoa

Combine in pot and simmer over low heat to break down cherries in the preserves.

• HC in SC
        HC in SC commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Decue! The cherry compnent in the sauce and chery wood smoke is very interesting. Never would have thought to pair chipolte with cherry flavor, but I must say I am intrigued! The cocoa also gives it that mole spin.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here