Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roast Duck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roast Duck

Awesome Roast Duck and Duck Liver Pate
    Last edited by troymeister; December 20, 2014, 08:52 PM.

Weather was not good so did indoors. Still good

Comment

Hey Troymeister, this long-time chef and line dog loves your duck. Good job and clean work, as we say in the biz. Had you cooked and served this in the restaurant, there would have been a couple free beers/cocktails waiting for you after your shift! Keep up the good work and Seasons Greetings from Houston, Alaska.

Comment

Thanks, That means a lot! This was the first time a whole duck came out really well for me. Next time I will do it differently. I will separate the breast, legs and thighs. Cut up the carcass and render as much duck fat as possible.I will cook the Legs and thighs confit and pan sear the breasts to med rare. Then I will make stock with all of the parts not eaten.

Comment

Nice. Ate a lot of duck growing up.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here