Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotisserated Bacon Ranch Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotisserated Bacon Ranch Chicken

pulling out my mad scientist skills here (my first run at college was an attempt to get a masters in biology...just sayin'). Dry brine the bird. Inject with poultry injection. Mix bacon warmed bacon grease 3 to 1 with canola oil and a package of ranch dressing mix. Butterball the entire bird, not just the breast. Mix another package of ranch with 1.5 tsp of smoked paprika. Rub half the mixture under the skin. Mix the rest with a tablespoon of soft bacon grease and schemer on outside of bird. stuff cavity with loose raw bacon...just for good measure. Truss up and rotisserate until almost done. Remove bacon and crisp on the grill to top the smoked mashed potatoes and smoked green bean casserole I am making also. Finish chicken on high to crisp skin. I am also doing one of my chipotle rotisserie chickens as well incase this one is a bust. Ill post picks later of the finished product.

Can’t wait!

Comment

I am cooking a rather boring rotisserie chicken right now so I look forward to seeing your creation!

Comment

My............hart..................just ........stopped..............................bea.. ....t..i...n...g....

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          probably from clogged arteries.

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          y.e.......s

Hmmmm! Rotisserate is a word. I just wonder if one wants to use it in regards to their cooking or on this site. Usually rotisserie or rotated or the act of rotisserie is appropriate. The use of midgets & sexual acts one may wonder.

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't rely on urban dictionary. I prefer the good old Webster.

I'm like Kanye... I'm a wordsmith....

Comment

Waiting for the pics.

Comment

Thought there was pics, only reason I clicked on this was to drool.

Comment

ill post pics of the finished product

Comment

Sounds great.

Comment

bacon ranch on the right, chipotle on the left
                  Attached Files

Comment

Both looks beautiful

Comment

Why butterball the thighs? They tasty and juicy all by themselves.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
                        Potkettleblack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I suppose the goal is not what my wife would call "chicken flavored chicken."

• texastweeter
                        texastweeter commented
                        Editing a comment
                        In this case, no

• Troutman
                        Troutman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        "Chicken flavored chicken". ..... 😆

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here