Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Injecting the turkey… with bacon fat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright boys and girls, I did it! Injected HALF the turkey with bacon fat and the other half with butter. Just in case.

I give you… BACONBALL
    Attached Files

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Let her roll!

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Nuthin' not to like about a little bacon. Share the luv.

Kathryn

I just couldn't cut him before his time er, uh, well before he was at his picture best. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171123_125210.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	414508

Comment

• JPACCFL
      JPACCFL commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! It was perfect.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      great shot!

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful, JPACCFL !!

How was it?

Comment

Simply delighful ...

Comment

I injected my birds with butter, corn oil and duck fat. It was incredible. I imagine bacon fat would also be very tasty.

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Love to use duck fat to make gumbo.

I bet that duck fat injected bird was especially delicious, Spinaker .

PhotoJoseph , how did the bacon injection work out?

Kathryn

Comment

Hey all! Sorry it took so long to write in with the "bacon ball" results!

verdict is… perfectly fine but no discernible difference to the bitter side! Or perhaps it’s be more accurate to say one was slightly different than the other, but in a largely unidentifiable way. Not better or worse. So, maybe I need more bacon fat (and more butter), or maybe it’s not worth the bother!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here