Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quartered Turkey Cook Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troutman
    replied
    I go by temperature or 160* for breast meat. I bring dark meat slightly higher to about 170*. That way time, which can be affected by several variables, follows the done ness of the meat, not vise versa. The estimated times mentioned should be close, but it’s done when done.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    I am doing the same this Saturday. I usually follow the times for the spatchcocked bird. The time is a little bit different, so make sure you are using your thermos to stay on top of temps. Spatchcocking the turkey makes the cook much easier.

Leave a comment:

• sorensen_j
    started a topic Quartered Turkey Cook Time

Quartered Turkey Cook Time

Hi All,
    This year I am going to separate my turkey into leg/thigh and breast/wing pieces before cooking so I can cook the light and dark meat independently. It will probably be about a 14 pound bird, and I am going to throw the pieces on the 26" kettle with SNS XL. On the turkey recipe from the main site, there are estimated cook times for whole and spatchcocked turkey by weight. In this scenario, would I follow the spatchcocked time estimates, or some other length of time? Obviously its done when its done, but just looking for an estimated cook time so I can put the meal on the table in the 1.5 hour window I told everyone the dinner would start. Thanks in advance!
    Jeff

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here