Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turkey trial on a PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey trial on a PBC

Pre Thanksgiving test Turkey went well I think. Butter compound was a Orange and lemon zest w/ fresh Rosemary, Sage, Parsley and Thyme and 2 Tbsp of Grand Marnier under the skin. Quartered the citrus w/a boutique of rosemary, sage & thyme in the cavity and olive oil and Simon and Garfunkle on the outside. Thought I over did the herbs but it blended well in the end. Smoked w/ a little Apple wood. Very moist! Served w/ MH's stuffins. Thanksgiving will be a winner this year.Click image for larger version

Name:	20171111_190037.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	409385Click image for larger version

Name:	20171111_182311.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	409386Click image for larger version

Name:	20171111_190002.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	409387Click image for larger version

Name:	1510460038970-1615287924.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	409388

Great job!

Comment

Stuffins just made it to the active roster for my Thanksgiving cook!

Comment

• Company2BBQ
        Company2BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a perect serving on the plate and looks great standing on its own instead of glopped on by the spoonful. Love this muffin pan idea.

Looks great!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Looks Great, y'all!
          Nice Job!

Comment

So, ..........what was the verdict? ....Just wonderin.

Comment

• Company2BBQ
              Company2BBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              I think I'll cut my S&G back a little on the outside and save the Grand Marnier I put in the butter mix for myself. Other than that, results were good.

Good job!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Love the photo of the happy diner--your wife? Congrats on a yummy cook! You're all set for Turkey Day now.

Did you hook and hang?

Kathryn

Comment

• Company2BBQ
                  Company2BBQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did hang it. Yes, my bride of 18yrs. Wanted to thank you for the advice you gave on a earlier post about what to do for a first cook on my PBC. I tried your Chicken. Hung it also. Best chicken I've cooked to date.

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's nice to hear, Company2BBQ . Keeping your wife happy with good food from the PBC is a wonderful thing to do. I do the same for my husband. I always tell people that he once said "how can such a small thing make such good food?" . I was getting that special happy glow until I realized that he meant the PBC. Hahaha.

Congrats! Looks great!

Comment

Great job Steve. That bird looks delicious 😋
                  cool idea on the stuffins. Gotta pass that on to my sister, she cooks for Turkey Day.

Comment

Yes!!!!!

Comment

Stuffins... brilliant. I like wet stuffing. But I also like the dry crusty edge bits.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here