Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Artisanal/heirloom Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, now you guys have me considering farm-raised "wild" turkey for this year's festivities!

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m heading over to the butcher tomorrow and see if he can get me a heritage bird. If not, then I gotta start researching local farms.

Stopped by the butcher shop today and ordered a 16-18 lb Diestel Ranch turkey for pickup on Monday before Thanksgiving. It’s fresh, not frozen. Will let it rest in the fridge until Wednesday. Going to prep it on Weds by spatchcocking and dry brining :-)

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      texastweeter Diestel’s birds are a crossbreed between Auburn and Bronze

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Let us know how it turns out, I am excited for you. Imagine the first time you used a prime brisket vs a select, or berkshire ribs/butt vs hormell.... that is what you are in for!

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      texastweeter I’m excited too!

Did one last year. At least twice as tasty as a regular bird, but considering the price is 6-10x a regular bird it has to be a special occasion only.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      That's kind of where I've gotten to with them. But, this Thanksgiving I'm seeing my son the first time in 3 years, so it's going to be artisanal!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here