Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Turkey Recipe Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate Turkey Recipe Results

I was reading another post today about smoking a turkey on a weber 22" kettle and remembered I smoked my first one in 2014 not long after joining the site. At the time there was a contest but I wasn't that active here so did not bother to submit any pictures. I posted the pics on instagram at the time and just went through my feed to find them to post here. I used Meathead Ultimate Turkey Recipe and followed it to a "T". My cooker was my WSM 22.5 and I believe I used pecan wood, just a little as to not over smoke it and keep the color nice. All this turkey talk as of late is getting me really interested in doing this again. I had completely ruptured my patellar tendon in June of that year and was still recovering with a knee brace and minimal range of motion but no one could keep me from smoking on my cooker!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2017-10-05-16-36-08-01.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	529.7 KB ID:	390840
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2017-10-05-16-36-23-01.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	393.8 KB ID:	390841
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2017-10-05-16-36-37-01.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	455.7 KB ID:	390842
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2017-10-05-16-36-59-01.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	378.9 KB ID:	390843
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2017-10-05-16-36-50-01.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	332.6 KB ID:	390844
    Last edited by Hulagn1971; October 6, 2017, 07:20 AM.

Very fine looking turkey and family!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Brother I love bird and that sir looks outstanding. Had you not included your bride the turkey would have stole the show. What in the pot? Beans perhaps?

Great photo. I remember when my wife was happy. 😀😀

Comment

• Hulagn1971
          Hulagn1971 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks my man! The pot has the drippings and stuff Meathead mentioned for making the gravy

Absolutely beautiful!

Comment

You are very welcome. I'm a big ole cry baby for family stuff. Love the pic.

Comment

That’s a beautiful bird! I love doing turkeyon my WSM

Comment

• Georgia rookie 903
              Georgia rookie 903 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey brother Ecowper package you sent arrived yesterday big thanks man

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              Excellent Georgia rookie 903 ... now you got no excuses :-)

• Georgia rookie 903
              Editing a comment
              you got that right absolutely no excuses .smoke and fire Saturday definitely

Fantastic Turkey, an' Family pics!!!

Comment

• Georgia rookie 903
              Editing a comment
              Brother Mr. Bones hello from Georgia how's R ya

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              doin okay, Brother!
              How ya' is, today?
              Sent ya couple txt msgs...
              Gimme a holler, if ya' want.

Hey, gotta tell ya what an awesome bird turn out, I am going to do follow your (meatheads) direction to the T because I want a trophy turkey just like yours as my grand pa wood say
            That DAWG a hunt... and great family pic too

Comment

Great looking bird!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here