Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

white sauce chicken quarters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white sauce chicken quarters!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170728_202517.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	354737I brushed with Alabama white sauce (forgot to take pic. with sauce on) for the first time and that stuff is amazing, has anyone tried to marinate the chicken in the white sauce overnight?

I love doing the white sauce with leg quarters. I have not tried the overnight approach. I usually just take the chicken off and either douse it with some sauce or dunk it in a bowl of it depending home much I made. Then I keep a bottle of it on the table for whoever wants more. It is usually a hit.

those quartes look niiiiice!

Comment

Yeah the white sauce is rilly good! Overnight? I think the effect would be in the same category as a marinade, not so much of an effect.

Comment

I did the white sauce for the first time tonight too. I loved it! Some of my family found it a bit spicy but still really enjoyed the flavour.

Comment

I find that adding a tablespoon of sugar to meathead's recipe balances out the spices and acidity and makes it taste a bit more like what I remember from growing up in North Alabama.
          Last edited by MBMorgan; July 30, 2017, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the tip

• jgreen
            jgreen commented
            Editing a comment
            Will definitely try that first. I was just going to reduce some of the hot ingredients, but didn't want to mess with the flavour. Thanks.

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            Just checked my notes and it turns out that I also reduce the black pepper to 1.5 tsp medium ground (from the original 1 TBSP coarse ground). Probably about the same heat but without the big chunks.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here