Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a good barbecue chicken rcipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve R.
    replied
    When in doubt, I go with Weber KC BBQ rub. Apply it well ahead of time to get a dry brine going. Love that stuff.

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    replied
    Dry brine the parts overnight uncovered in the frig. Separate, but don't remove, the skin from the meat and rub some oil (not butter) under the skin. A nice herbal rub on the outside and some extra pepper. Cook at 350F. Keep a careful eye on the internal temps: 160-5 for the breasts, 180-5 for the legs. Consider putting the legs in first, then the breasts and wings.

Those are the basics. Sure others will have more ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Hulagn1971
    started a topic Need a good barbecue chicken rcipe

Need a good barbecue chicken rcipe

We're having family over tomorrow and I am looking for a solid barbecue chicken recipe. I will be cooking using a 26" weber kettle and a SnS. I'm looking to get that crispy skin and keep the chicken moist and be able to finish it with a nice bbq glaze. I'll be using whole cut up chickens so there will be white and dark meat. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here