Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled stuffed boneless skinless chicken breasts on the pellet grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled stuffed boneless skinless chicken breasts on the pellet grill

I have looked for a tasty way to prepare boneless skinless chicken as a healthy protein with less than successful results until tonight. I tried this recipe, https://youtu.be/OZcFBQJQiDs with a few modifications. I split the breasts to make a pocket and stuffed them with sun dried tomatoes, fresh baby spinach, and mozzarella cheese and sprinkled it with a sweet Texas rub. Set the grill up for 375 and cooked on indirect until internal temperature was 135. Then placed on direct side for 3x4 minute flips to bring internal temp to 165. Chicken was delicious and juicy. Definitely a healthy tasty way to prepare chicken breasts

What chicken?

Comment

Originally posted by JCGrill View Post
      What chicken?
      Exactly

Comment

No pics....didn't happen.

Comment

• Centex Hokie
          Centex Hokie commented
          Editing a comment
          I've tried so many recipes for boneless skinless chicken that looked good, but were tasteless that I didn't take pictures. The flavor definitely comes from the rub, the sun dried tomatoes and the mozzarella. The wife and I both think the spinach was just for appearance.

Skinless white chicken breasts... cardboard with a sauce to get ANY flavor. Why waste your time? Skin-on chicken thighs is where it's at.😜 Then you have chicken wings.🤗 Why bother with anything else???

Comment

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed! 1000%! But don't forget the drumsticks!

• Centex Hokie
          Centex Hokie commented
          Editing a comment
          I would agree, except as a marathoners we try to make lower calorie and less fat proteins taste good. This was the first of several attempts with skinless chicken breasts to do that.

Drumsticks...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Drumsticks_061817.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	344859

Chicken Breasts...

Name:	Chickin_Rig_062917.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	344857

Name:	Chickin_Breasts_062917.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	344858

Don't have pictures of Grilled Soy-Basted / Hoisin Sauce (marinade) BNLS / SKNLS chicken thighs so that didn't happen - RIGHT! LOL!

--Ed

Comment

• Centex Hokie
          Centex Hokie commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful

Originally posted by Centex Hokie View Post
        I have looked for a tasty way to prepare boneless skinless chicken as a healthy protein with less than successful results until tonight. I tried this recipe, https://youtu.be/OZcFBQJQiDs with a few modifications. I split the breasts to make a pocket and stuffed them with sun dried tomatoes, fresh baby spinach, and mozzarella cheese and sprinkled it with a sweet Texas rub. Set the grill up for 375 and cooked on indirect until internal temperature was 135. Then placed on direct side for 3x4 minute flips to bring internal temp to 165. Chicken was delicious and juicy. Definitely a healthy tasty way to prepare chicken breasts
        This sounds like a really good recipe -- I'll have to check it out. Thanks for posting!

--Ed

Comment

Your pellet grill has a direct vs indirect side? I thought they were all convection. Recipe sounds mad delicious!

Comment

Thanks Centex Hokie. Boneless skinless chicken breasts are hard to get flavor out of as mentioned here. Good to have a recipe that might just do that. I'll have to check it out. I usually cube my boneless skinless breasts and sprinkle them with Old Bay seasoning and cook them directly over heat with an assortment of veggies. I let the veggies add the flavor. No pics though so I don't know if it really happens.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here