Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will a 3 pound turky lobe take for Teriyaki Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long will a 3 pound turky lobe take for Teriyaki Turkey

Planning on making Meathead's Turkey Breast Teriyaki for the 4th but need to coordinate it with other stuff. Anybody offer an approximate time for the cook? Will it keep fairly good in a faux cambro?

Thanks

My guess is 1.5 - 2hrs, at 325, depending how thick. Take it to 155-160max. You can keep it in a faux cambro, but it will wreak havoc on the skin, unless it's skinless.

Comment

Originally posted by dtbach514 View Post
      Planning on making Meathead's Turkey Breast Teriyaki for the 4th but need to coordinate it with other stuff. Anybody offer an approximate time for the cook? Will it keep fairly good in a faux cambro?

Thanks
      Check the packaging of the Turkey Breast. Sometimes they will suggest a cooking temperature and give you the approximate time required. Your smoker is an oven and the time will be very similar.

Comment

I was thinking it would take about 2 hours or so so thanks for confirming my estimate. My course will be to put it in that amount of time before dinner and be flexible. Dinner is ready when its ready. . . . .

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here