Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turkey .49 LB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey .49 LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0194.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	31635 Got a 22 lb. turkey for 49 cents per lb. at Krogers

Good Job!

Comment

Does that say imitation turkey??? Just kidding, quite a bit cheaper than my .79 birds. I miss turkey during the year so I picked up a half dozen of em to have throughout the year.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        John I haven't cook a turkey on the Lang yet so I'm going back to Krogers and get three more to smoke at Christmas.

Great score DWC, cheapest I've found is .79 too John. I know little about buying turkeys so when I seen them for 1.19, cheaper than the average whole chicken price, I thought was a good deal. Almost picked one up. I want to try one on the Yoder.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Huskee, I'm going back for more so I can fire the Lang up at Christmas

There hitting .59 around here. I will fill any dead space in the freezer I got. That's a great score for sure.

Comment

Sheesh nice deal! I paid $2.49 a lb (ordered a fresh one though).

Comment

• jholmgren
          jholmgren commented
          Editing a comment
          The farm down the road from me has pasture-raised birds for $3.00/lb.
          Although I would like to try one, I wonder if it would really be that much"better" than the .79/lb super-birds at the local grocery store when smoked.
          I'm torn - part of me wants to help support a local farmer, the other part of me is a cheapskate.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here