Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber vertical chicken roaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber vertical chicken roaster

I am trying a roasting chicken on a weber gourmet poultry chicken roaster. Kind Iof a beer can style rig I got it on sale at homedepot for 9 bucks so I thought I would give it a try. Any one else try one of these? I know a lot of people like to spatchcock instead but I like the looks of a whole bird.

Try it out and see what you think. Then try another one spatchcocked! Make sure your temps are at least 325-350.

Comment

Yep, I'm really a spatchcocked guy myself. But I do like a good BC chicken at times. I don't have this weber roaster but they are all kinda the same really. This one does look good though. Guess I have never seen one at my HD or Lowes! Like EdF said... I cook at 350 for my birds. Soggy skin otherwise. I use the fire ring of death method.

Click image for larger version  Name:	10575354_10203560048058586_295553556328485701_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	426.3 KB ID:	298296

Comment

• Amajeff99
        Amajeff99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the bacon volcano

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too. I've gotta try that. And the Fire Ring of Death. Kewl ideas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chicken(1).jpg
Views:	98
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	298321
      halfway through the cook. working good so far.

Comment

• lonnie mac
        lonnie mac commented
        Editing a comment
        Whole crap! Is that snow! Man, I am sweating do death down here in these 80's.

• Amajeff99
        Amajeff99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Snowing and grilling a new England tradition.

• lonnie mac
        lonnie mac commented
        Editing a comment
        You have hade ample time to post a finished pic!

No bacon on mine will try that next time. Came out perfect that weber rig worked great.

Comment

• lonnie mac
        lonnie mac commented
        Editing a comment
        I may have to try that. I like the idea of veggies too, and that looks good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	finished chicken.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	298587 here is the finished product.... after my house guest got through with it. as you can see it came out perfect with nice crisp skin and perfectly moist meat......
      Last edited by Amajeff99; April 1, 2017, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Indeed!

considering what they sell for on Amazon you definitely got a steal at the $9 sale price. glad the Chicken came out good. Congrats on the cook and the review of the Weber cooker.

Comment

• Amajeff99
        Amajeff99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was super lucky I got the chicken roaster and a the pizza stone for the Weber for 9 Dollars each at the end of the season when they were getting ready for this year's stuff.

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that part of the Weber Gourmet Grilling System, or is that a separate roaster?

• Amajeff99
        Amajeff99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Part of the grilling system.

Amajeff99, I don't have the Same Weber Device but I recently Purchased a Steven Raichlen Vertical Chicken Holder with a Large Spice Shaker for the Beer or ❓ I have only used it once (Last Sunday) for a Turkey Breast! It Worked Great inspite of the fact I had a Problem with the Fan on My Temp Cont'r!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	2 Size:	44.5 KB ID:	298869Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	3 Size:	42.4 KB ID:	298870Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.16 MB ID:	298871Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.99 MB ID:	298872
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; April 2, 2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I've been using the vertical roasters for years and I love them. Except for a time or two early on, I never do the beer can thing (and was glad to see Meathead recommends against it). My roasters are just a stiff wire framework with no "walls".

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here