Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too easy chicken thighs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too easy chicken thighs

This is just too easy for it to be the most requested meal in our house.

Mix 2 parts bottled barbeque sauce to 1 part cheap bottled Italian dressing. Use this to marinate boneless skinless chicken thighs. (You can marinate them for 4 hours, 1 hour, or 15 minutes; it doesn't seem to make any difference really.) Heat the grill to about 375* and grill the thighs until they start to get crispy looking and a little bit blackened, but not too much. Serve them with whatever bbq sauce is left over.

If you want to get fancy and you have your own recipes for bbq sauce and Italian salad dressing, I'm sure the chicken will come out great. But honest to god I would serve this stuff to anyone proudly.

This sound really good Mo. The thigh alone are great. Add your mix and I'll need to make them by the bucket full.

Thx!

Comment

I'm a big fan of Zesty Italian dressing on chicken and fish, the clear-ish kind of Italian. I think Kraft brand calls it zesty. Haven't mixed it with BBQ sauce though...

Comment

This I have to try!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
          I'm a big fan of Zesty Italian dressing on chicken and fish, the clear-ish kind of Italian. I think Kraft brand calls it zesty. Haven't mixed it with BBQ sauce though...
          That's the one I use for this. We've found Dinosaur brand BBQ sauce (from the eastern restaurant mini-chain) the best because it just spanks that chicken flavor, moreso than a sweeter, smokier sauce, Dinosaur is very "bright" tasting; but again, any sauce works. But for chicken, the lighter the better, IMO.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here