Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken wings w/ Frank's Buffalo sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken wings w/ Frank's Buffalo sauce

6lbs of chicken wings, smoked at ~325 with apple wood. Took roughly half an hour, like Metahead's wing recipe says.

Wings were dried w/ paper towels thoroughly, and dry brined for about 4 hrs. Left in fridge in open air.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG5743.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	28560

Crisping up the skin got a little bit away from me, those babies spurt juice out and it's quite flamey, I'll put it that way. Note to self- char on steak is good, on chicken wings is NOT good. I don't have good luck crisping chicken skin over blistering coals.

Name:	IMAG5746.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	28562

I was going to make homemade Buffalo wing sauce using Meathead's recipe, and as I went to the sauce aisle to get a large bottle of Frank's, I realized the same sized bottle of Frank's Buffalo sauce is 70 cents more. And it includes the butter and garlic which makes it the real deal Buffalo wing sauce. Score!

Add a splash, then shake it up!

Name:	IMAG5747.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	28563

Name:	IMAG5752.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	28564

These were mostly mine. I also made up some with BDub's Parmesan Garlic sauce for my wife, and for the kids I tossed some wings in honey, then added a splash of my Huskee's Original Shawsh to make honey BBQ for them. They loved 'em.

Not a clean hand or face to be seen when it was all done.
    Attached Files

Thanks Huskee for making me hungry

Comment

Must. Make. Wings. Soon.

Comment

Nice looking wings Huskee

Comment

Hats off to you. Man I love wings. I cant figure out why there 4 bucks pound and legs .99 maybe cause there no Buffalo Wild Legs resturants?

Comment

• smarkley
            smarkley commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah... chicken wing prices are ridiculous. I remember when they used to almost give them away!

Thanks guys! Jon I picked these up for $1.59/lb, whole wings (drumettes, wings & tips). They seem to be cheaper when they're whole if you can find them. I don't mind saving half the cost and chopping them myself. I would never pay $4/lb for them. I read that BDubs is increasing their prices soon too. I will be doing more of them at home this way!

This is how they came in the freezer section, instead of the expensive bags of trimmed wings:

Name:	IMAG5742.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	28750

Comment

Dang, those look yummy! I love the Frank's RedHot Wing sauce, I put that @#$t on everything! Adding this to my list.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here