Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerk Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerk Chicken

Last week I received a promotional email from Thermoworks that contained cold weather grilling suggestions and a killer recipe for Jerk Chicken. I decided to try the recipe using leg-thigh assemblies rather than the suggested split chicken (recipe was for a PBC). I used my Weber with a SnS. I followed the recipe using the maximum suggested 3 habanero peppers, however I allowed the chicken to marinade for two hours prior to grilling. I followed the suggested smoking pouch contents using cherry wood chips, allspice berries, fresh rosemary and thyme sprigs. I put a full chimney of pre-lit KBB into the SnS with all vents wide open. I didn't bother monitoring the grill temp knowing that I wanted to just be hot. It only took about 40 minutes to hit the desired IT of about 160* and the chicken had a nice deep coloration from the heat and smoke. Here it is served with guava banana "catsup" that is seasoned with curry powder and this served as the sweet foil to counteract the heat from the peppers. The salad is tart green papaya with crisp green beans and peanuts. Rice would have been good with this, but we didn't have any in the house and we wanted to keep things low-carb. The recipe looks like it would be ideal for a gasser, as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JerkChicken.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	267529

​
    Last edited by OneEyedJack; January 25, 2017, 11:55 AM. Reason: Not using "cheery" wood anymore and uploaded a jpg version of photo

The photos did not load. That's not good because your description sounds delicious.

Comment

• OneEyedJack
      OneEyedJack commented
      Editing a comment
      I can see the photo. Anyone else not see it? I could edit/delete it and then reload it.

The photo in in .png format. Maybe that's the reason you can't see it?

Comment

I don't see them either. JPEG format should work.

Comment

It showed up now - looks as delicious as it sounded!

Comment

Definitely doing to try this since I love jerk chicken, thanks for sharing!

Comment

I see it, and it looks FANTASTIC!! I saw that Thermoworks recipe as well. I need to try it.

Comment

Love me some jerk chicken

Comment

Excellent! Now on the list for the gasser. Thanks Brookie

Comment

Cold weather doesn't mean you have to give up the grill! Get our temperature tips and practical advice for winter grilling.

Comment

What? No rice in the house? Pphhffftttt...what if you drop your phone in the toilet? Then how ya gonna dry it? Besides bread,eggs, milk and cinimmom, (never know when the world will end and you last meal could be bbq French toast) you gotta have rice.

Comment

Jerk Chicken is the best way to fix a stuffed up nose. Get those babies runnin' Love that stuff.

Comment

• Spinaker
                        Spinaker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hear ya brother! Steve R.

• Spinaker
                        Spinaker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Such a great combo. EdF

• EdF
                        EdF commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yessir!

First time I had jerk anything was in the mid-90's on a "President's Club" award trip to Montego Bay. First night, they served jerk goat. I was immediately a convert!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here