Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glad I did the Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad I did the Turkey

Well, the ham was supposed to be the centerpiece of this Christmas meal. I decided to do a turkey on the grill as a sideline to the main event. Well, it turns out that the ham that I bought was not so great. Everyone kept asking me if I had bought honey ham, or done something different with it. Nope, just a ham I bought and stuck in the oven. It turned out rather sweet, and not universally liked. But, the turkey everyone loved! I spatchcocked and S&G rubbed a 15 pound turkey, and let it sit in the fridge overnight. I added salt at the time also. I didn't want the extra step of brining separately. Got the Weber 22 up to speed and slapped the bird on there. In a little over 2 hours I had a crispy skinned bird that was super moist inside. It was definitely the better protein of the day. This is the half that was left. Everyone said it was delicious!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thunder77; December 27, 2016, 08:18 PM.

Done two the same way over the last month...there will be more turkey through the year at my place

Comment

Very nice cook. Thanks for the pic.

Comment

Yeah, turkey done that way is soooooo good.

Comment

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep! My sister kept picking at the skin. I had to smack her fingers a few times, and tell her to save some for everyone else!

Very nice.

Comment

Congrats on a successful cook.

Comment

Nice looking turkey! I did my first one a few months ago and was shocked at how good it ended up being for really not that much effort. My 10 year old son and I go straight for the wings first. I'm picking up a bag of turkey wings tomorrow at the butcher shop.

Comment

Nice Turkey when I first saw it I thought you had Fried it somehow!! great looking Skin!! Well done sir!

Comment

Thunder77, Great looking Smoked Turkey! The Next Time I Spatchcock One will be the First One For Me! By the Looks of Yours It Won't be Long!
                Happy Holidays! 🎄🎁🍹🎁🎄
                Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here