Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC Turkey #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC Turkey #3

This will be my third turkey on my PBC. Two Thanksgivings and a practice turkey last October. I've injected it (caused dangit this is Houston and that's what we do) and rubbed it. And it is now hanging in the PBC. God willing we will beating eating a tasty, juicy bird this afternoon. I'll post pics of the finished product.

Happy Thanksgiving friends!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Obi-Dan; November 24, 2016, 09:24 AM.

Go man Go!! I'm hanging mine around 1000hrs CST. Little oil and a little Tony Chachere's on the skin to go with the Tony Chachere's butter injection I pumped it up with Tuesday night and we are good to go.

This is my first poultry cook with the "Venta" Vector Engineered Northward Temperature Apparatus on my lid.

Comment

• Obi-Dan
      Obi-Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      That was the injection I used. Really the best I think. People tell me all the time you're not supposed to inject it unless you're frying it. Balderdash!!!! My bird went in at 9.

• lschweig
      lschweig commented
      Editing a comment
      I have purchased the vent and other stuff and just need to install it so I am very interested as to how it worked for you.

So here are the final pics. I used Blues hog rub on it and it exceeded my wildest dreams. The skin had this sweet spiciness to it that everybody loved. The bird came out perfect. So tender and juicy. Best one I've ever made. I think I'm becoming one with my PBC.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Great job!! We are currently consuming seconds.

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Gorgeous EVERYTHING! Your turkey looks exactly like what I would want to see in any turkey I might cook.

• Obi-Dan
      Obi-Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys. That means a lot coming from you two.

Beautiful!

Comment

Looks yum!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here