Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The test Turkey was a success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that should be in a Norman Rockwell painting

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
      Gorgeous Turkey!!! I'd love to know more details.... droolin', here!
      Not much to say. 22 lb. bird, hickory smoke, Kingsford briquettes (experimenting with these because of Meathead). About 3.5 hours at 325. Pre-injected bird, so I didn't do anything else to it. The only problem we have is that the bird is so juicy that it really makes a mess when its cut!

Comment

Originally posted by Abom View Post
        The only problem we have is that the bird is so juicy that it really makes a mess when its cut!
        what a problem....

the contrast between the blue cooker and the bird makes this a truely amazing picture. you might want to contact kamado and see if they can put it in one of their cook books!

Comment

• Abom
          Abom commented
          Editing a comment
          Kamado has been out of business for years now, for good reason.

• DeusDingo
          DeusDingo commented
          Editing a comment
          shows what i know...

Is that bird really saying "Hi there, Big Fella"? Or does it just look that way?

Comment

Is that a Spanek? I love mine.

Comment

• Abom
            Abom commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes it is! I've used them for years and love them.

Whoa, that's one gorgeous photo, Abom . Mr. Turkey looks like he's waving saying "Hi, I'm done!"

That photo should go in the turkey hall of fame.

Kathryn

Comment

Originally posted by Baker Dan View Post
            Man that should be in a Norman Rockwell painting

Click image for larger version

Name:	'Freedom_From_Want'_-_NARA_-_513539.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	243059

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here