Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton, co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peyton, co

Here in Peyton Colorado looking for a recipe for cooking a smoked turkey.

Well here is the link for the Chicken, Turkey, and Duck subforum here in the pit... There are some things in there.

And here is the link for Meathead's Ultimate Smoked Turkey recipe on the main AR site.

I would start in those two places...

I know Jerod Broussard and fzxdoc have recently discussed this in a thread and had some good recipes and techniques as well.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

If you want a Cajun style BBQ'd turkey recipe, let me know. It's a bit on the spicy side.

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          I would like to know tbob4 I love Cajun food

Welcome to the Pit from about 35 miles northwest of you! You might want to check this out: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/chick...ed_turkey.html

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Cajun Turkey.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.53 MB ID:	237226
          @DWCowles here is the recipe. Cooking temps are for a non-spatchcocked turkey but I have also used the rub and injection (without the cheesecloth) for big turkey breasts. The 170 degrees is not needed - 160 is what I shoot for now. The recipe is old from when I had my first COS and temps used to fluctuate a lot. I found that the cheesecloth on my new uprights do not need to be watered as often because my water pans are more effective. The bacon provides the grease to crisp the skin up at the end when I raise the temp. The injection renders a very moist turkey. The lemon, lime and orange peels are grated and tone down the heat.
          Last edited by tbob4; November 6, 2016, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here