Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tandoori style chicken on the Kettle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tandoori style chicken on the Kettle!

Indian food is very time-consuming to make but when you put in the time and get it right it taste so good. Tonight I tried a couple recipes from Serious Eats (man I love that site) and made tandoori style chicken and channa masala for a side (to double as a vegetarian meal later in the week...God bless leftovers during the work week). I altered his cooking instructions though. I thought the chicken would come out dry if I cooked it like a real deal tandoor oven (not that I can get a Kettle that hot in the first place) so I reverse seared it. 325 on the kettle until the chicken hit about 140, then I added some more charcoal so it was an inch or less away from the grate and seared the snot out of it. Turned out fantastic. Juicy, tender, smoky, savory, and with the layered spices that I love in Indian food. This is another recipe that I'll be doing again!

Recipe for the chicken can be found here: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...ns-recipe.html
    Attached Files

Thanks. I'm going to try it in my PBC

Comment

I'm not a sides person. But that chicken looks pretty damn gooooood. Nice job tugboat

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Looks great. Definitely in the to do list!

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Ditto!

Thanks everyone! It was delicious. A couple of Indian friends of ours saw a picture and want to come over sometime to try it...I'll be interested to hear what they have to say about it when they try it!

Comment

Looks great, Indian cooking is delicious!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here