Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rotisserie bite through skin on chicken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rotisserie bite through skin on chicken?

I really do not care for crispy skin on chicken. I like bite through skin but do not know how to get it. Mine is either crispy or rubber coming off the rotisserie. Anyone know the strategy for great bite through rotisserie chicken and a good recipe to go with it?

One way to get 'bite thru' skin is use the Malcom Reed (how to bbq right) Bite-Through Chicken Skin method .. I could explain the simple process, but if you Google it, he will explain it to you with his awesome video way better than I could.

Comment

• Corvus
      Corvus commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for the Malcolm Reed channel tip. Good Stuff!!!

Originally posted by SoCalTim View Post
    One way to get 'bite thru' skin is use the Malcom Reed (how to bbq right) Bite-Through Chicken Skin method .. I could explain the simple process, but if you Google it, he will explain it to you with his awesome video way better than I could.
    Thanks, however,
    Yes if I was doing competition individual pieces but what I'm looking for is how to do it on a rotisserie.

Comment

I'm not the expert but I have noticed that higher temp with slits poked in the skin make the skin crisper (another lol word). The holes poked thru the skin help the fat drip out. When I use a water pan, it makes the skin rubberie(another word). So I would say a dry heat is needed

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here