Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turkey Burger Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Burger Recipes

Hey Guys,
    I've searched and looked around for a couple days on a good recipe for Turkey Burgers. ANyone know of a good recipe?
    Myles

I don't have a recipe, but take a look at this article . There's some tips in the discussion on using turkey (Meathead and Max Good).

Comment

Sure. I make turkey burgers on a weekly basis and finally found something I truly enjoy. My wife has Crohn's disease so I am always looking for something that is fat free so she can enjoy grilled food.

This recipe is a riff on the turkey burger recipe that comes with GrillGrates.

Recipe

- 1lb of 99% fat free ground turkey (for me, this is good for 3 patties)
      - 1 TBLS spoon soy sauce
      - Diced bell pepper (I use red or yellow or orange)...I use about 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup
      - 1 TBLS of Egg Beaters (I use this as a substitute for real egg)
      - Half of a package of onion soup mix
      • About the onion soup mix: Inside the packet, there are large flakes of dehydrated onion and a fine powder. If you simply open the packet and try to dump out half of it, the large flakes fall out first leaving the fine powder at the bottom of the packet (and not on your food). I like to dump the entire packet into a separate bowl so I can get half of the onion flakes and half of the fine powder using a spoon, or whatever.
      Directions
      1. I add the pound of ground turkey to a large mixing bowl and spread the meat out
      2. Add the tablespoon of soy sauce (sometimes I add a smidge extra)
      3. Add the egg (I think I use ~ tablespoon, but I eyeball it)
      4. I then toss the meat with the soy & egg
      5. Add diced bell pepper and mix in
      6. Lastly, I add about half of a package of onion soup mix and mix well
      I pre-spray a pan/plate/tray with Pam, and lay 3 hand formed turkey burgers on it. Then I spray the top of the burgers, and grind pepper on top. Place in fridge.

To grill, I like to cook at high heat on my Weber Kettle and use the Vortex. I'll light about 3/4 chimney of Kingsford BB, when well lit, add the charcoal to the Vortex which sits in the center of the charcoal grate. Let the grill heat up for 5-10 minutes.

I place the turkey burgers in a ring around the Vortex then add a small chunk of wood on top of the cooking grate directly above the Vortex. Close the lid and let 'er rip. In about 12-14 minutes the burgers should read 160.

Using the Vortex for a high heat, indirect method has always given me turkey burgers that weren't dry. I've tried half a dozen other ways, but this method always gets them done quickly, which is essential to really lean meat. The smoke flavor is great, too. Just need a small chunk about the size of a golf ball.
      Last edited by Onez; September 27, 2016, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your recipe! I'm bookmarking this for future use.

A couple of pics. Just made patties and on the grillClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2094 (1).JPG
Views:	186
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	225069 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2246.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	225070
      Last edited by Onez; September 27, 2016, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here