Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken Dilemma

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Myles and I got into the BBQ scene back in 2013. The only piece of meat that I've been successful to smoke on my WSM was a whole chicken. I've failed several attempts to make ribs on the WSM and they came out to dry and my smoker doesn't keep a consistent temperature. I recently bought a BBQ guru fan and computer, but have yet to try it out yet. I've read many many articles for help with my smoker and I'm still frustrated and lost, so I've decided to quit until now. One major issue I'm having is cooking boneless skinless chicken with marinade recipes off the internet. I follow the recipe to the T and the chicken comes out tasting awful! I buy premium chicken from Whole Foods and can't understand why I'm failing miserably.

Welcome VenomM3

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I suggest you start here for some chicken ideas: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/chick...uck/index.html

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.

Can you give us some more details about your processes, temps, recipes, etc... ? The more info you provide then the more folks can offer some opinions, suggestions, and help.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
          Welcome from Indiana.

Can you give us some more details about your processes, temps, recipes, etc... ? The more info you provide then the more folks can offer some opinions, suggestions, and help.
          Chicken Fajitas: I would follow a recipe like this Whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. I would then place the chicken in a bowl, mix the spices together and pour it on the chicken evenly as best as I can. I would then oil my Weber Grill (Spirit) and place the chicken on the front grates. I would then turn the gas up to its highest level on one side (not on side where chicken is) and turn off the other burner. I would then cook the chicken til 160 degrees, pull it then let it rest. Please advise that these are whole pieces of boneless skinless chicken, not cut or pounded at all.

Comment

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            So what about it did you not like: flavor profile, chicken too dry, surface burnt, etc.... ?

Welcome VenomM3. We'd love to get an intro from you over in the Introduce Yourself channel when you get a minute.

Comment

VenomM3, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here